Monday, February 8, 2016

Sheng Long Ting

Location: Sheng Long ting

Rating: OK
Meal:  Dinner for 2
Price: 2500 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: "stamina" fried rice, Miso sesame ramen
English Menu: Yes
Smoking:Smoking section on second 3rd floor



And bringing my day in Zushi to an end my friend and I decided to grab dinner at Sheng Long Ting, a Chinese restaurant right next to the Zushi JR station.  A friend of mine had told me it was pretty good, and I was suckered in by the sign looking all "chinesey".


Thankfully they separate their smoking and non-smoking sections by floor, so we didn't have to enjoy other people's cigarettes.  The Japanese menu goes on forever, but they did have some of it translated into English as well.  We weren't too hungry, nor did we want to spend a lot, so we got some cheap options.  I went for the "stamina" fried rice with every known meat thrown in (including shrimp and squid), while my friend opted for the miso sesame ramen, a bit of an unusual dish.


My fried rice was fine, nothing amazing.  He quite liked his ramen (I didn't taste it personally) but later was less enthusiastic, especially as the pork was a bit too chewy.

Oh well...I continue to hope someday I'll find that amazing Chinese restaurant...

No comments:

Post a Comment