Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Burrito Loco

Location: Burrito Loco
Rating: OK
Meal:  Lunch
Price: 5.100 BHD
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Beef burrito, coconut water
English Menu: Yes
Smoking:No


Burrito Loco is one of the many restaurants along Shebab Ave (aka American Alley) just outside the US Naval Base in Bahrain.  It is possible to walk off base and grab lunch within the prescribed hour, so I plan on trying a few spots while here for the next couple of weeks.







 

The best comparison for Burrito Loco is to Chipotles or Baja Fresh in the US.  You pick your meat, rice, beans, and other stuff (guac is extra) and they roll it up into a small football sized burrito.  It's like holding your stomach in your hand, and then eating it.  Needless to say, I got about 3/4 through it, and took the rest back.  I think I'll eat it for breakfast tomorrow.

It was good, but not great.  Nice for a change.  I would love to have a place like this in Yokosuka for the occasional lunch option.  It was pretty expensive, but then I got the guac and a coconut water (delicious).  I think you could get away with about 2.5 BHD if you pick the chicken and don't add the guac.

No comments:

Post a Comment