Monday, February 25, 2019

Shuri

Location: Shuri



This photo of Nangoku Shokudo Shuri Yokohama is courtesy of TripAdvisor
because I forgot to take one

Rating: Very good
Meal: Lunch for 2
Price: 2900 yen
Payment: Goya champuru and gyusugi teishoku, rafute
English Menu: No
Smoking: No


My wife and I went to Yokohama on Saturday to look at some mattresses and while there decided to grab lunch.  We ended up at the More's City building where there are several restaurants on the top two floors.  We were going to eat at the Hungry Tiger but the line was insane, so we opted for the Okinawan Shuri.

Goya Champuru

The lunch menu was filled with the usual favorites and my wife wanted some goya champuru, while I liked the look of the gyusugi.  I also wanted to be sure I got my fill of fatty pork, so I ordered some rafute as well.  There was also an extensive list of awamori, complete with furigana for the names (making it much easier to tell what you are ordering) and age information.  I'd like to come back some time and try a few of their older vintages.

Gyusugi

The food was decent and tasty, and quite cheap (lunch prices).  I'd definitely stop back in here if I had a hankering for some heavy Okinawan food, which happens quite often I'd say.


Rafute

No comments:

Post a Comment