Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Nha Hang Nam Hao 2

Location: Nha Hang Nam Hao 2


Rating: Very good
Meal: Dinner part 2
Price: 300,000 VND
Payment: Cash only (as far as I could tell...language barrier was pretty high)
Dishes: Grilled Pork northern style, blood sausage
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: Yes (it's basically outside)



Not feeling satisfied by my partial pho dish, I went on the prowl for some meat.  I had seen this other restaurant on my walkabout earlier and decided to try it out.  I apologize for my ignorance of the variation within Vietnamese cuisine, but this place appears to be something specific, I just don't know what it is.  There were lots of big tables outside and a friendly, family atmosphere, especially as more people came to dinner.  It looks like the sort of place you bring the whole family or group of friends and order a ton of dishes to share.


Blood sausage with boiled offal

Sadly, I was by myself, and half full already, so I just ordered some grilled pork.  I was told it would take a while, and it did.  Eventually I got bored and ordered blood sausage thinking it would come out quicker.  It arrived at the same time as the pork.  The blood sausage was ok, but it came with a ton of boiled onions and intestines.  I'm all for offal, but this stuff was a bit tough to chew, except for the liver, but it also had fresh chilies added which was nice.  The blood sausage may have had some rice mixed in, at least that was the texture I got.  Oh well...gonna have to carb it for a bit here.  The grilled pork was very tasty, especially with the rock salt and chili mixture it came with.


Grilled pork northern style

I snarfed it all up and am sad I know I just scratched the surface of everything that place had to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment