Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Pho Thu

Location: Pho Thu

Rating: OK
Meal:  Dinner part 1
Price:  137,000 VND
Payment: Cash only
Dishes:  Pho, fresh coconut
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No


I'm in Da Nang, Vietnam, visiting my brother.  He's on an odd schedule to sync up with his US-based job, so I had the evening to myself.  I wandered about a bit, eventually swinging back to where I started.  I decided to start with some pho, because I've always wondered if the pho I've had elsewhere was anything close to the original.  Pho Thu was a nicer looking place so I decided to give it a shot.


The menu had several options so I went for the one with the most stuff in it.  Even though I've given myself permission to eat carbs for this trip, I still found myself unable to take more than a bite of the noodles.  I ate all the meat and drank the soup though.  Overall, while good, it didn't really blow me away flavor-wise.  Maybe I'll get to try some better examples during my short time here.


No comments:

Post a Comment