Friday, March 8, 2019

Hase ya

Location: Hase ya


Rating: OK
Meal:  Dinner
Price: 2300 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes:  Gyusuji daikon, grilled fish
English Menu: No
Smoking: Yes (I think...not too sure now, but izakayas usually permit smoking)


Last night I braved the rainy weather and finally went in search of a new place to try.  I took the train down to the Keikyu Ohtsu station and wandered around.  I didn't find much.  Actually the only place I found was Hase ya, a small izakaya.  I was the only person there and there was only one person behind the counter.

Hot sake with mandatory appetizer (tofu and fishballz)

I deciphered the items on the wall available and ordered a gyusuji dish with daikon and some grilled fish.  I figured that even though everything would be slightly sweet (sugar is the devil), at least I would be getting some meat.  I also ordered some hot sake, as I was chilled to the bone.

Gyusuji with daikon

The food was tasty, as expected, actually better than expected given the remoteness and smallness of the place.  But pretty much your typical izakaya fare, nothing spectacular.

Grilled fish

Since this is the only place I could find near the station I'll be moving on to Maborikaigan station next.  Hopefully the weather will be nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment