Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Beer Restaurant G.G.C.



Rating: OK
Meal:  Dinner
Price:  Not sure
Payment: Not Sure
Dishes:  Pork schnitzel, weisswurst
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: Yes


I met a couple of friends from church at the Keikyu Kamata station the other night.  None of us really knew the area but we gravitated towards the big welcoming sign of "Beer Restaurant G.G.C." in all of its German glory.

Garlic fried potatos

They have tons of German beers, but the only one of any quality I recognized was Weihenstephan.  They had Vitus (a strong Weizen) and I had to try it out.  Unfortunately, there was only enough for one, and it tasted a bit weak to me, like it was the end of the batch...which it was.

Weisswurst

I ordered a pork schnitzel which wasn't all that great really, and a weisswurst, which was also just ok.  One friend ordered some potato dishes which I didn't taste.

Schnitzel

Overall it was just ok, not the amazing German restaurant find I was hoping it to be.  I was really hoping for a delicious schweinhaxe (pork knuckle) but they were all out.  My friend ended up paying and I gave him 2000 yen, so I'm not sure exactly how much it all cost.

Potatos and cream cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment