Friday, January 6, 2017

Cafe de la Paix

Location: Cafe de la Paix
Rating: OK
Meal: Lunch
Price: 890 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Meat spaghetti, salad coffee
English Menu:Yes
Smoking: Yes


Cafe de la Paix is not too far from Womble Gate, but a bit of a far walk from where I work on base.  Today I had my bike so I went out looking for something new and noticed this little Japanese western style cafe (kissatten).  Definitely a mom and pop joint, it's quite classy inside with very nice decor and pleasant vibe.  I was offered the customary ash tray (kissatten are havens for smokers) but no one lit up while I was there.  The deliciously hot towel I was given was the perfect remedy to freezing cold hands from riding my bike there.



The menu is limited, so don't expect a big meal.  I opted for the meat spaghetti which turned out to be a slightly sweet sauce, so I wouldn't eat it again.  Maybe the cheese toast with an egg next time...  The salad was much better than the usual, with big chunks of tomato, some cucumbers and a pleasant oil and vinegar dressing.  The coffee was nothing special though (perhaps if I ordered espresso or something?).



I might be tempted to rate this place a Not Great, but honestly the ambience elevates it up to an Ok for me.  I kind of want to take my wife back there as it's the closest of this type of place to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment