Monday, August 15, 2016

Dolphin Restaurant

Location: Dolphin Restaurant
Rating: Very good
Meal:  Lunch for 2
Price:  4300
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Meat course, pasta course
English Menu:Yes
Smoking: No

Raw salmon came with the pasta set


Dolphin Restaurant is located up on a hill near the church we are checking out in Yokohama.  We noticed it on our way in and decided to see if we could have lunch there afterwards.  It has limited parking and is on a very steep road, so we were lucky to find one spot open and grabbed it.  It has an interesting vibe, like it may have some history.  It's going for a pretty swank layout, but we both laughed at the rather disappointing view of the industrial section of the port of Yokohama.  Also they had a player piano...a very up to date version where the full piano sites there and the keys go down of their own accord, playing piano muzak versions of various pop tunes from the eighties ("Don't go changin...").  I had to restrain my impulse to sing along.

Chilled potato soup


Anyway, the lunch menu is pretty straightforward with 3 "courses" (meat, fish or pasta) that have set prices and come with a soup, salad, main dish, dessert and hot drink.  I went with meat, my wife went for the pasta.  We both agreed I "won" this time as my meat dish consisted of delicious pieces of chicken, quite crispy on the outside, piled about with steamed vegetables.  I chose rice for my side dish (I love Japan!).  My wife's pasta was good, consisting of clams with spaghetti noodles (which were perfect al dente).  However there were bits of clam shell that made eating it a bit difficult.  The salad was fine, the cold potato soup delicious, and the little desserts passable too.  Overall, we were debating a high Ok or low Very Good.  As you can see, I went with the Very Good, mainly because my dish was so tasty.

Meat dish

Pasta dish

Dessert

No comments:

Post a Comment