Monday, August 15, 2016

Bar Earth Brothers

Location: Bar Earth Brothers

Rating: OK
Meal: Dinner for 2
Price: Around 3000 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Garlic cheese pizza, carbonara
English Menu: Yes
Smoking:Yes



 I don't typically review bars, but Bar Earth Brothers is an exception.  I recently found out they are cigar friendly and about 2 minutes from my apartment.  After spending a pleasant evening there with some excellent whiskey and a very nice cuban, I thought I'd return with my wife to try the food.  My wife doesn't mind cigar smoke, while neither of us enjoys cigarette smoke.  The proprietor of Bar Earth Brothers is a very friendly and dapper man who has been very welcoming.  I really recommend it as a nicer spot to enjoy a cigar and top shelf whiskey.

Garlic pizza

As for the food, it was actually surprisingly good, and my wife and I debated as to whether to go with a low Very Good or a high Ok. I settled on a high Ok, mainly because the price was pretty high for what it was.  But for bar food, it was quite tasty, and both of us left satisfied.  I probably won't be ordering food there typically, but mainly because I have so many other restaurants still to try, and the drinks there are quite spendy too.


Speaking of the drinks, we did try some different items, me a gin and tonic (quite good), and my wife asked for a recommendation and got a watermelon salty dog.  The bartender takes great pride in his cocktails and makes them with the best ingredients, so there was fresh watermelon juice in the drink and a small wedge of watermelon to eat with it.  I don't generally like watermelon based drinks, but even I thought it was excellent.  The salt on the rim complemented the watermelon flavors perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment