Monday, March 25, 2019

Halal Sakura

Location: Halal Sakura

Rating: Very good
Meal: Lunch
Price: ? yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No


Halal Sakura is not far from where we meet for church, and I'd been wanting to try it for some time.  We finally got the opportunity last week, along with several other church members.


Halal Sakura is interesting in that they bill themselves as entirely halal, but they food they server consists of a mixture of typical Japanese dishes (ramen, teishokus), hotpot and yakiniku, and lastly (the part I'm most interested in) Uyghur cuisine.  Meanwhile, our waiter was from Uzbekistan, so...interesting.


I tried some lamb sticks and a beef tongue salad, my wife had some chicken sticks and a cucumber salad, while my son had polo, a kind of lamb rice pilaf.  Others ordered similar dishes, and overall it was pretty good, though I am looking forward to returning and trying more items.


No comments:

Post a Comment