Thursday, August 16, 2018

Amimoto Oba

Location: Amimoto Oba



Rating: OK
Meal:  Lunch for 3
Price:  4000 yen
Payment:  Cash only
Dishes:  Cold soba and tempura teishoku, gyudon, katsudon, sausages
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No


We took my mother out to Hakone yesterday and found a spot to eat lunch.  Amimoto Oba is a soba/udon restaurant right on Lake Ashinoko.   Beautiful views of the surrounding mountains, swan boats, and the occasional pirate ship ferry that goes from one end of the lake to the other were on display.

Sausages

My mother had expressed an interest in cold noodles, so she got a cold soba with tempura teishoku.  It came with small fish, presumably fished out from the lake, and some vegetable tempura.  The fish was meant to be eaten whole and was fine I guess.  The rest of the dish was pretty much what you'd expect.  I got a gyudon (beef bowl) and my wife got a katsudon (deep fried pork cutlet bowl).  Both came with the usual slightly sweet egg and onion mixture that you'd expect, and both were quite tasty.  I wanted a little more protein as I did not eat most of my rice, so I ordered a sausage plate which was quite tasty with a mixture of various types of German style sausages.

Soba tempura set

We decided on a high Ok rating for this place as it wasn't really a standout place, but it was overall quite delicious.

Gyudon

Katsudon

No comments:

Post a Comment