Saturday, February 24, 2018

Waraku Ramen

Location: Waraku Ramen


Rating: Very good
Meal: Lunch
Price: 780 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Tsukemen
English Menu: No - the ticket vending machine was out of order when I was there, so you have to just tell them what you want or point to the menu (no pictures)
Smoking:  No



I had a slow Saturday to myself today so I hopped on a bus in the direction of Kenritsudaigaku station and got off a little earlier than usual to see what might be open during the lunch hour.  I came across Waraku Ramen, a spot I've seen many times from my car as I drove past, but there is not good parking in the area, so you need to live here or be walking by to actually stop in.



The ticket vending machine was broken, but they had a little typed menu with their house ramen, tsukemen and variations.  I felt like some tsukemen and they whipped it up quite quickly.  The broth was nice and strong, a bit fishy, which I like, and the soy sauce egg was delicious.  The meat was good enough and when I was almost out of noodles I was given a small bowl of noodle broth which I wasn't sure what to do with, so I used it to dilute the remainder of my soup so it wasn't so salty to drink down.

Overall, pretty good and I'd be happy to come back and try more items on the menu if I ever happen to be walking by again.

No comments:

Post a Comment