Saturday, February 10, 2018

Sobakko

Location: Sobakko

Rating: Nasty
Meal:  Lunch
Price:  750 yen
Payment:  Cash only
Dishes: Cold soba with mountain yam, kimchi, egg and one shrimp tempura
English Menu: No
Smoking: Not while I was there, but possibly



Another Kenritsudaigaku review, Sobakko was pretty terrible.  The shrimp tempura was one of the grossest things I have ever eaten at a Japanese restaurant.  Then I mixed up the ingredients and tried to eat the soba with the slimy mountain yam and it just tasted...terrible.  I realized as I faced the prospect of trying to eat this grossness that I didn't actually have to eat it, and shameful though it was, I said thank you very much and left to find something else to eat for lunch.



I guess it's possible I just didn't do a good job picking my dish, but ultimately that doesn't matter.  These reviews are based on my experience eating there, and if it's bad, unless there are serious mitigating circumstances, that's how I'm going to call it.

No comments:

Post a Comment