Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Yakiniku King

Location: Yakiniku King


Rating: Not great
Meal:Lunch for 3
Price: 8600 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: 3 all you can eat yakiniku courses
English Menu: Yes
Smoking:No


Take this review with the following caveats:  We have never enjoyed yakiniku in Japan, it was incredibly expensive, and my ratings are more a reflection of how much I look forward to returning rather than the quality of the food or the atmosphere of the place.


That being said, we decided to eat yakiniku for lunch on Sunday, mainly because my son is home for the summer and I thought he'd enjoy it.  The first place we tried was still closed, so we drove down to Kita-Kurihama to try a place that had opened up since we used to live down that way:  Yakiniku King

We got there just before the big rush and only had to wait a short time before we were seated.  They have an electronic wait system where you enter the number of people in your group and then enter your phone number for some reason.  You get a ticket with a number and then they call your number when they are ready to seat you.

We inadvertently ordered the "all you can eat" (i.e. tabehoudai) courses.  Actually, I went to the bathroom and came back and my wife was mad because I left here there alone and she didn't know what she was doing.  As I said, we have never had good experiences at Yakiniku restaurants.  I called the waitress back to find out we had ordered the 3 courses and said "what the heck" and went with it.  We got about 70 minutes to order as much food as we could cook and eat off of the electronic menu.  The food arrived on pretty small plates but there was plenty of selection.  We ended up liking the thin kalbi strips the best as they cooked the fastest.

We ate...and cooked, and ate, and cooked.  Then we were done and paid.  For the price (8600 yen) I was not happy with the experience.  I kept thinking about how much good food we could have had for that much money at other places.

Well, we are headed to Korea this week for our first visit, and I'm soooo looking forward to eating real Korean food finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment