Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Cafe Enak

Location: Cafe Enak

Rating: OK
Meal: Dinner
Price: 3000 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Chicken and goat satay, tempeh and tofu, stir fried vegetables (kang kong), chicken nasi goreng
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No (I think)




I heard about Cafe Enak from a friend at work who said they had a lot more items on the menu than typical for an Indonesian restaurant in Japan.  My wife and I were traveling home from a weekend trip to Karuizawa and we realized we'd be passing by Cafe Enak which is near Atsugi (near the Ebina train stop), so we figured we'd stop by for dinner.



The restaurant itself is very nice, with interesting decor and a cozy feel, but still plenty of space.  It's right next to the big Ebina Lalaport Mall, but not inside of it.  The menu is pretty easy to read and there are some pictures available.  We went with several dishes, more than we'd usually get, but we wanted to sample several.



The tempeh was delicious and the chicken satay pretty good too.  The goat satay was a little tough though.  I was a bit disappointed we had to get a meat nasi goreng as there was no plain option, but I wanted some rice.  I wasn't too impressed with it, as it seemed to contain what looked like frozen peas and carrots from a store.  The flavor was ok though.  The kang kong was also just ok.  Actually overall the flavors just weren't that interesting, fairly simple and one-noted.  I expected more... 




No comments:

Post a Comment