Saturday, October 15, 2016

Daizendori

Location: Daizendori

Rating: Very good
Meal:  Lunch for 2
Price:  1840 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Roast chicken teishoku, Chicken tofu soup
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No

****************
Update 5/6/2017

Daizendori has now been replaced by Kaisenmisakiko, a sushi-go-round.

****************


Up on the top two floors of More's City mall in Yokosuka there is a newish restaurant called "Yakitori-ya Smile" that I've been meaning to try for some time.  My wife and I were getting groceries so we decided to try it out for lunch today.  However, turns out that at lunch a different restaurant operates out of the same space:  Daizendori.  The dishes are primarily chicken based, but are definitely not dishes you'd usually get at a yakitori restaurant.


I liked the look of a stone bowl chicken soup and my wife went for a roasted chicken teishoku.  We both loved our dishes, quite surprised at their tastiness.  My soup was amazing, the broth being thick and very full tasting.  The chicken was just boiled, but adding a little salt helped that just fine.  The tofu, while soft, was flavorful as well.  My wife's dish was good too, though she agrees that I won this round.


We were quite surprised by how good this place was and look forward to returning.  And of course, we still need to review the other restaurant that opens in the evening.  Very Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment