Friday, July 15, 2016

Umigoya

Location: Umigoya
Rating: OK
Meal: Dinner for 2
Price: 5450 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes:  Various seafood dishes
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: Yes


Another Izakaya Thursday and tonight I was hankering for seafood, so we went to a seafood themed izakaya called Umigoya.  They specialize in things you can grill at your table, though that's not my favorite so I avoided that for most of the dishes.  They have a nice English menu that helps with the intimidation factor.  Nothing is more difficult than deciphering hand-written kanji for various obscure sea creatures.  It was definitely a smoking establishment and there is no "non smoking" section.

I don't remember ordering this...probably otoshi

Overall the food was ok...nothing was outstanding, but not terrible.  I guess I'm just not a huge sea food fan.

Tamagoyaki

Garlic fried rice

Hokkaido clams with butter and soy sauce

Ikuradon

Fried tofu in broth

Nigirisushi

No comments:

Post a Comment