Friday, July 22, 2016

Bar Shinano

Location: Bar Shinano

Rating: OK
Meal: Dinner
Price: 1400
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes:Ginger pork fry, rice, gin and tonic
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: Yes


Bar Shinano is another izakaya along with Shell, Susquehanna and Angelo's that are all owned by the same group.  The only one left that I haven't been to is Angelo's and I plan on going there soonish.  I was coming home from meeting a friend in Yokohama last night and unfortunately wasn't ready for dinner while there, so I decided to eat in Yokosuka.  There are still a ton of little bars and restaurants to try here, it's going to be a long while yet before I've exhausted everything.

Ginger pork fry
There was absolutely no one in the bar when I went in and therefore, thankfully, no smokers.  But you can tell it's a smoking friendly establishment.  The menu does have english on it, and they do take credit cards.  I wasn't impressed by the items on the menu really, seems pretty uninteresting.  I went with the ginger pork fry, expecting some rice would come with it.  I was wrong and had to order rice separately...that was...definitely odd and not cool I think.  The food was just ok.  The gin and tonic was waaay too sweet and kind of nauseating.

I have to say the spot was disappointing compared with the other restaurants they have, but it wasn't bad enough to rate below an Ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment