Thursday, January 14, 2016

Hachihachi

Location: Hachihachi
Rating: OK
Meal: Dinner
Price: Around 2000 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes:Takokaraage (deep fried octopus), steamed clams in some kind of alcohol, fried rice
English Menu:No
Smoking:  Yes




*** Update 6/27/2017***

Looks like this place has closed and been replaced by a ramen shop.

***

I couldn't tell from the outside that it was an izakaya or else I probably wouldn't have bothered.  But I did, and once I got accustomed to the second hand smoke, I ordered some food off of the wall.  The menu is a bunch of colored pieces of paper, all in Japanese.  It's always a gamble, so I ordered a couple of  interesting dishes (fried octopus, clams) and then went for an old standby, the fried rice.  The first two dishes were passable, but the fried rice was pretty good.

Not a bad spot, but not great either, I give this place an Ok.






No comments:

Post a Comment