Thursday, January 25, 2018

Tamagawa

Location: Tamagawa

Rating: Very good
Meal: Dinner
Price: 3200 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Cold soba with tempura, maguro sushi, hot sake
English Menu: No
Smoking:  Not sure...I didn't see any ashtrays, but smelled smoke at one point...


Another Kenritsudaigaku station area review, Tamagawa is probably the nicest looking restaurant in the area.  It's very Japanese, serving soba and udon dishes, along with the usual sushi, tempura and various dishes on rice.  It is a nice, wide-open space and once inside you realize it's not as fancy as the outside appears.

Hot sake and free stewed daikon

I got some hot sake as it was freaking cold outside, and that was very nice.  As I ordered, I wanted to some meat, so I got the maguro sushi dish, and then realized I probably wouldn't be eating the rice, so I got a tempura cold soba set too.  This was way too much food, and each one was a meal in itself.  But it was all very good and I enjoyed it.

Maguro sushi

Cold soba and tempura set

No comments:

Post a Comment