Thursday, January 18, 2018

Rooms Cafe

Location: Rooms Cafe


Rating: Very good
Meal: Dinner
Price: 3800 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: avocado tempura, beef miso wine dish, sausage and cheese on eggplant, couple of drinks
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: Yes


Last week we I checked out a new spot called Rooms Cafe near me.  It's set up to be a comfy cafe style izakaya.  The proprietor speaks good English and we had a good chat.  They have worked really hard on their English menu, though it does need a few corrections (spell check isn't always your friend!).  Mainly:  Bucket = Baguette

Tempura avocado

As an izakaya-like place I ordered some drinks to go along, which would significantly reduce the overall price above.  The dishes I ordered were both surprisingly good, with  beef braised in miso and red wine being a real winner, while the baked eggplant rounds with sausage and cheese were just darn tasty.  The avocado tempura was just so so...I really need to stop ordering it.  Turns out I love just plain avocado.

Beef in red wine and miso sauce

A nice surprise and a spot I'll probably bring my wife back to, I hope they stay in business. 

Eggplant with sausage and cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment