Saturday, February 22, 2020

Cave of Lanka

Location: Cave of Lanka


Rating: Excellent
Meal: Dinner
Price: 31 GBP
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Cave chicken appetizer, black port curry set, glass of wine


Finally, an Excellent review!  It's been over a year I think since the last one.  My wife and son were not feeling well so I went out to eat by myself.  There are so many good looking options near Earl's Court Station, but I finally settled on a subterranean wine bar called "Cave of Lanka."  The proprietor told me it's London's second oldest wine bar, under recent new management.  They serve Sri Lankan cuisine and wine of course.


Sri Lankan is somewhat similar to Indian food, but I thought I'd give it a try since I don't have any reviews of that cuisine on my blog.  Of course I had to try glass of red wine, which was quite nice.  I wanted to try a few things, but sticking with mainly meat of course, so I got a cave chicken appetizer, which also comes as a main.  In addition the black pork curry set which came with some roti, and a few other small dishes.  All of it was very delicious and it is by far the best meal I've had since coming to the UK.


No comments:

Post a Comment