Saturday, November 16, 2019

Fukuya

Location: Fukuya

Rating: Not great
Meal: Lunch for 2
Price: 3000 yen
Payment: Paid by cash, not sure about CC
Dishes: Two tomato egg scrambles, kung pao chicken, vegetable dish
English Menu: Yes
Smoking:  I don't think so


Wen to lunch the other day with a friend from work.  I needed to find a dish with mostly eggs as I'm on a short diet of just eggs.  We went to this spot which has changed ownership over the years, but I hadn't eaten at since the last change.


The menu is pretty extensive, and the owners are clearly chinese.  It appears to be the usual Japanese chinese stuff however.  I ordered two tomato egg scramble dishes and my friend had a kung pao chicken plus another vegetable dish.  I did not care for my dishes as the sauce was quite goopy (cornstarch thickener probably), slightly tomato-saucy and sweet.  I regretted my choices the rest of the afternoon.  My friend said his dish was decent enough.


I was impressed by the wall of Japanese whiskeys they had on display, so not a bad spot to come for a drink I guess.


Overall I'm giving it a Not Great, though perhaps if I come back when not on a such a restrictive diet I might raise it if the food is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment