Friday, July 12, 2019

Saken Shokubo

Location: Saken Shokubo


Rating: Very good
Meal: Lunch for 2
Price: 2570 yen
Dishes:  Not sure exactly
Payment: Cash only
English Menu: No
Smoking: No



Another Sunday in Ueno and we found a very interesting spot for lunch.  It appears to be some variety of Chinese food that I've never encountered before.  Their primary dish consists of smallish hot soups with various ingredients.  These are priced fairly low, so I'm guessing the idea is to order a couple of them along with other items.



We got a variety of dishes and I must say I was pleasantly surprised.  Even the plate of cold meats (including chicken feet) was tasty.  There were also some noodle dishes I wish we could have tried.  We'll have to come back with my wife and try more things for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment