Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Maruha

Location: Maruha


Rating: OK
Meal:  Lunch for 2
Price: ~2000 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Buta-don, two meat plates, two soft boiled eggs
English Menu: No
Smoking: Not sure, but probably not


My son and I ate at this random place near the Okachimachi station (one stop south of Ueno station).  It was late and we just needed food, so we didn't look long.  I saw meat dishes and figured it would do.  It's got a ticket vending machine, no english, touch interface.  Took a bit to figure out, but we eventually got some things that looked edible.  This place says they specialize in Hokkaido cuisine, which might mean something to anyone who has been there, but for the purposes of this blog, it's just Japanese food.

Buta-don

My son said he quite liked his buta-don (pork rice bowl, a classic dish from the area we visited in the mid-west), and I made do with two platters of what I think was beef, and a couple of soft boiled eggs.  It was filling enough, but nothing special really.

Meat plates with eggs (and butter)

No comments:

Post a Comment