Sunday, June 23, 2019

Khan Pina

Location: Khana Pina


Rating: Very good
Meal: Lunch for 2
Price: 4460 yen
Dishes:  Tandoori meat sampler, 2 lassi, palak paneer, mutton biryani, paratha
Payment: Credit cards accepted, but only for dinner
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No


Our church is now meeting in a new section of Ueno, and that means new options for lunch!  The parking lot we used was very close to an Indian restaurant, so I knew we had to try it out afterwards.  At first I thought perhaps this was a true Indian restaurant, until I spotted the Nepalese flag on the sign.  Still, we had to give it a shot.  We ordered off the main menu, but there was a lunch menu with very affordable lunch sets.


I'm glad we did!  On the menu were at least 3 kinds of bread, always a good sign.  I asked for a salty lassi and they waiter didn't bat an eye, another good sign.  The salty lassi was clearly made with care, including fresh spices which tasted delicious.


I ordered the tandoori meat sampler with three kinds of chicken tandoori, all of which were quite tasty.  My son's mutton biryani was chock full of whole spices and flavor, and while a bit tomato-y, it was still delicious, with the mutton being of about medium tenderness and good flavor.  My palak paneer was suitable, notably not sweet.  The paratha was made with brown flower and pretty thick, but again, not sweet!  We were unable to finish it all, but they had no problem packing the leftovers up to go.


Overall, we were quite impressed and look forward to trying it again some day with my wife.


No comments:

Post a Comment