Sunday, June 2, 2019

Beijing Restaurant

Location: Beijing Restaurant


Rating: Very good
Meal: Dinner
Price: 7.900 BHD
Dishes:  Lamb in pot, crispy pork with garlic
Payment: Credit cards accepted
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No

Crispy garlic pork

Beijing Restaurant was one of the first places I ate at in Bahrain when I originally came here, back before this blog.  I tried to find it again a couple of times to review it, but was unable to.  The other night we were walking around Adliya and lo and behold, there it was!  So I had to try it out again as it was a revelation to me the first time.

Lamb and spicy oil

A lot has to do with the dish you pick, and I wanted to try a couple of things, so that's why the price is a bit high.  I'm sure just one of these with rice is plenty of food, but as I am rarely eating rice these days I thought myself justified in ordering two dishes.  The lamb dish was a bit disappointing, the meat being a bit tough and chewy, and the sauce dull and brown.  But the pork dish was better, with a not overwhelming garlickiness.  The best part was the spicy oil sauce, which I slathered on everything.

Not as amazing as the first time I went, but who knows what I had then?  Still, it's a Very Good compared to the places in Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment