Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Rio Grande Grill

Location: Rio Grande Grill

Rating: Very good
Meal: Lunch for 2
Price: 7776 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No

My wife and I were in Yokohama last Saturday looking for lunch.  We wandered around an area we hadn't seen before, a kind of open air mall called Bay Quarter next to the Sogo department store, east of Yokohama station.  We spied a Brazilian BBQ restaurant and hesitated a moment before going in.  Brazilian BBQ is always expensive, but we figured lunch had to be cheaper than dinner (it is), so we might as well give it a shot.


Salad bar

I stuck to the meat, while my wife also had some soup and salad.  Once the servers started swinging by the meat began to pile up.  They had a lot of good stuff, and both of us commented that the flavors were good and the meat nicely salted (which was good as there was no salt on the table).  The salad bar was a bit disappointing however, and the soups were quite flavorless.


Chicken and sausage

I didn't bother getting photos of all the meat, just a couple, along with my wife's salad.  Buffets are hard for pictures.  Overall I enjoyed it, much more than the other one I ate at in Roppongi a while back (Barbacoa).  That being said, the expense means we are not likely to eat here often.  I hear there is another Brazilian BBQ that is a bit less chain-like in another are in Yokohama that I'm looking forward to trying out.


Some kind of beef or lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment