Monday, December 10, 2018

Rico Cowbell

Location: Rico Cowbell


Rating: OK
Meal:  Lunch for 2
Price:  2850 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted (but didn't work for some reason)
Dishes:  Kaki fry, beef stew
English Menu: No
Smoking: No


My wife and I went for a walk on Saturday, heading towards Kinugasa, a little town and trainstop on the JR line.  We used to occasionally end up in Kinugasa back when we lived in Kurihama and had need to drive through it now and then.  Now that we live in Yokosuka I honestly can't recall the last time I went there.  They have a pleasant covered shop area with quite a few restaurants (and no less than 5 Chinese spots!).  None of them looked terribly interesting however.

Dashi broth soup

However, there was one place that looked a bit different.  Rico Cowbell is hamburg/curry restaurant that has a distinct vibe.  There is a lot of Swiss/German brickabrack decoration.  The dishes consist of variations on brown sauces.  I was looking for something that was primarily meat and it seemed likely I would find it here.

Scallops with a vinagrette sauce

My wife loves her a kaki fry (deep fried oysters) so she opted for that.  I went for the beef stew, which came with an odd looking appetizer that turned out to be raw scallops with a vinagrette sauce.  It was quite tasty.  The beef stew was pretty good at first, but the pieces of meat appeared to have been overcooked and were quite dry and chewy once you started eating.

Kaki fry

Overall, an enjoyably different spot, but just ok on the food.

Beef stew

No comments:

Post a Comment