Thursday, September 13, 2018

Ryuushouhanten

Location: Ryuushouhanten


Rating: OK
Meal:  Dinner
Price:  2060 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes:  Cashew chicken, small rice, dimsum, sake
English Menu: No
Smoking: Yes


The weather is finally cooling down and becoming less humid, so I finally ventured forth to locate a new restaurant to review.  I took the train down to Horinouchi station, which is just past Kenritsudaigaku to the south of Yokosuka.  The Red/Green lines go there direct without stopping.  I was thinking Horinouchi would have more restaurants in the area than Kenritsudaigaku, seeing as it's  more of a major stop, but I was wrong.


Just around the corner from the station is a Chinese restaurant I've always meant to eat at.  I stopped by and sat at the counter.  The other seating is all tatami mat, so no thanks.  The place is pretty typical Japanese Chinese food, so I ordered a cashew chicken dish, a small rice, some dimsum and cold sake.  All of it was just ok, nothing special.


Afterwards I walked around the area to canvass for future restaurant reviews.  There is really very little, and I had to walk all the way to 16, the main drag, to find more candidates.  There is another Chinese restaurant, a Korean restaurant, and a Ramen restaurant.  After that, I'll head further down the line towards Uraga.


No comments:

Post a Comment