Friday, July 6, 2018

Jasmine Palace

Location: Jasmine Palace


Rating: OK
Meal:  Dinner for 2
Price:  2860 yen
Payment:  Credit cards accepted
Dishes:  Two dinner sets, one coconut chicken curry, one chicken soup
English Menu: No
Smoking: No

My wife and I met another couple with their two children in Yokohama on Wednesday evening.  It's always tough to find somewhere to hang out with kids, so I did some scouting ahead of time and found the Sogo Building out the main East exit of the station.  It's also the location of the YCAT bus line to the airport.  On the 10th floor there are a ton of restaurants and one floor above that is the roof, where there is open space, and an astro-turfed helipad that the kids could run around on.  We sat on the helipad and chatted for a while, then headed downstairs to pick a restaurant to eat at.  We ended up at the Jasmine Palace Vietnamese restaurant.  They immediately combined 3 tables for us, so that was nice.  It's sometimes hard to find a place that can accommodate more than 4 easily.



My wife and I ordered two of the dinner specials which came with a bunch of side dishes, so we got to try a bunch of things.  It was pretty good overall, but honestly the price brought down the rating in my mind.  And it wasn't mind blowing.  I will probably go back to try the pho by itself sometime, and maybe I'll adjust the rating up depending on how that goes.


I have to say they were nice enough to let us eat and then talk for quite a long time without trying to shove us out.  But then again they didn't ever get so full that they might need to ask us to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment