Monday, October 30, 2017

Campion Ale

Location: Campion Ale
Forgot to take a picture, so I found this on the net


Rating: OK
Meal: Dinner
Price: 2900 yen (including drinks)
Payment: Cash only (I think)
Dishes: Steak pie, 4 1/3 pint beers
English Menu:Yes
Smoking:No


Saturday night a friend from church invited several of his friends out to a pub to celebrate the birth of his second child.  Campion Ale is a British style pub located near Asakusa in Tokyo.   They brew their own beer, which is cool, and serve typical pub fare.


The ordering is all cash up front, done at the bar downstairs, which is a little inconvenient if you are sitting upstairs, but it does simplify group ordering IMO.

I ended up trying one small each of the beers, but only paid for 3 of them as someone had a stamp card and I scored a free one.  I'm not super fond of British style beers, and none of them really stood out to me.  For food I was seduced by the steak pie, but I ended up regretting it as it wasn't very good at all.  Fortunately, others ordered some pizza and it was good enough to keep this rating at an Ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment