Sunday, September 17, 2017

Ocean Kitchen

Location: Ocean Kitchen
Rating: OK
Meal: Dinner
Price: 1180 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes:  Locomoco
English Menu: No
Smoking: No


Ocean Kitchen is a primarily Hawaiian restaurant but mostly generic "western" with some Japanese dishes thrown in.  It's one of a few restaurants located on the "Umihotaru" (aka Sea Firefly), a structure located in the middle of Tokyo Bay where the elevated road from the Chiba side plunges into the Bay underground for almost 10km.  It's an eerie experience to be driving along above the water and the then to angle downwards into the water and disappear into the giant maw of the tunnel.  I had business in Chiba yesterday and was coming home at night around dinner time.  I had to use the bathroom so I stopped at Umihotaru and decided to eat and review a restaurant while there.


There are several other restaurants that might be better, but I was looking for something specific due to the diet I'm on now and I thought I spied something that would due at Ocean Kitchen.  The locomoco specifically looked it had the requisite ratio of carbs to meat that I needed.

The dish wasn't great, but serviceable.  I did not eat the fries or macaroni salad, but the hamburg was ok and the rice was rice.  Not bad, but not great.

No comments:

Post a Comment