Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Kawara

Location: Kawara


Rating: Not great
Meal: Lunch for 2
Price: 2560 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Two teishoku sets, one short rib, the other a dish with many small dishes
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No



This is the last restaurant at More's City mall in Yokosuka that I had yet to review.  My wife and I were there to do some grocery shopping and decided to wrap things up.



Kawara is one of those western food restaurants going for a Hawaiian vibe, but the food is not particularly Hawaiian.  I got a beef short rib dish and my wife got a "kyoto" style multi-small dish teishoku.


Mine was not great...the meat was super tough and chewy, and it was an extremely sweet sauce.  My wife's dish was just ok.  The miso soup was tasty, but the rice was not good.  Overall, pretty disappointing even for this kind of place.


No comments:

Post a Comment