Sunday, August 5, 2018

Dumbo Pizza Factory

Location: Dumbo Pizza Factory


Rating: Not great
Meal: Dinner for 2
Price: 3000 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: A pizza, some meat
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: Non smoking section available



My wife and I were, wonder of wonders, in Yokohama on Friday night.  We've talked forever about how we ought to have a regular date night there, but somehow on a Friday after the week is done, neither of us ever wants to go out again.  This time, however, she had been in Tokyo helping a friend with moving and we met in Yokohama as she was on her way home.  First we had a couple of beers at our favorite spot Thrash Zone, near Yokohama Station.  Then we set out to find some food.



My wife got to pick and she had heard about this Dumbo Pizza Factory joint from a magazine source at some point in the past so we gave it a shot.  It's a pretty popular spot on a Friday evening, with many large groups of people, probably having a work drinking party, the sort of "mandatory fun" I get out of due to my job on base.



The menu looked really good, and my wife ordered a pizza, while I ordered some meat (still trying to stay lowish carb).  My wife's pizza was just ok in my opinion.  It was Napoli style, wood fired.  I didn't think it had much flavor, but I don't care for that style.  My meat turned to be a very thin slice of pork with a little bit of balsamic reduction on top.  The reduction wasn't very flavorful and the meat wasn't all that great.  And it was tiny.

So, probably not a place I'd come back to again.

No comments:

Post a Comment